Rampant corruption, shoddy building standards and terrible congestion have seen Manila’s NAIA airport named as the world’s worst.
The dubious accolade comes from travel site EscapeHere.com who say it’s the worst place in the world to experience a layover.
In all, the list brings to light and horrific personal experiences of writer Linsay MacNavin – her insight, especially those of the NAIA are pretty comical – I have given her experiences here in some format but do yourself a favour and head on over to the site EscapeHere.com and see it for yourself.
EscapeHere’s Linsay MacNavin had this about the NAIA: “This is by far the worst airport in Asia and has been continuously at the top of that list for years.
“Luckily they are doing things to improve conditions but clearly not fast enough. First off passengers will want to fly into terminal three and only terminal three, but if you have the problem of being stuck in any other terminal on a layover then this is what you can expect. Dirty, filthy, cramped toilets that smell awful. This is one of the most widely-known complaints about this airport.
“Metal seats, spotty WiFi and a lack of dining and shops are some of what passengers can experience.
“Plan on waiting in lengthy lines and be sure to grab any seat available as they don’t come up often. Don’t plan on sleeping on this layover as the announcements every 10 to 15 minutes will keep going all night long, along with the three beeps before and after, just to make sure you are listening.
Here’s the full list of the world’s 15 worst airports:
15. Paris Beauvais-Tille International Airport, France
14. Dulles International Airport, Washington, DC
13. Miami Airport, Florida
12. Charles de Gaulle Airport, Paris, France
11. Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, Nairobi
10. London Luton International Airport, UK
9. Chicago Midway Airport, Chicago, USA
8. Honolulu International Airport, Hawaii USA
7. Frankfurt Hahn International Airport, Frankfurt, Germany
6. Los Angeles International Airport, California, USA
5. Bergamo Orio al Serio Airport, Italy
4. LaGuardia International Airport, New York, USA
3. Islamabad Benazir Bhutto International Airport, Pakistan
2. Newark Liberty International Airport, New Jersey, USA
1. Ninoy Aquino International Airport, Manila
Latest posts by Timothy Walker (see all)
- Fil-Am and American turn themselves in on drug run in US - November 7, 2017
- Philippines suspends Uber, Grab vehicle registrations as backlog mounts - November 7, 2017
- Mad, bad or misunderstood? What is Kim Jong Un really thinking? - August 28, 2017