The guidelines apply to all workplaces, employers, and workers in the private sector. The measures should be implemented to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
All workers and employers should observe the following before entering workplace building:
- Wear face masks at all times and remove the same only when eating/drinking. Employers shall provide the appropriate face masks for workers. Should a cloth mask be used, the washable type shall be worn with additional filter material such as tissue papers inside the mask that may be added.
- Accomplish daily health symptoms questionnaire and submit to the guard or designated safety officer before entry.
- Temperatures should be checked and recorded. For any personnel with temperature above 37.5 degrees Celsius, even after a five-minute rest and needs further questioning shall be isolated. Isolation [areas] shall be well-ventilated and disinfected frequently. Clinic staff assigned to attend to isolated persons shall be provided with PPEs.
- Equipment or vehicle entering hubs must go through disinfection.
- If there will be long queues outside office or establishment premises, roving officers should instill physical distancing.
Workplace guidelines for ECQ, GCQ areas
Once inside the workplace, the following health and safety measures should be observed:
- All work areas and frequently handled objects shall be cleaned and disinfected at least once every two hours.
- All washrooms and toilets shall have sufficient water, soap as workers are encouraged to wash hands frequently and avoid touching eyes, nose, mouth.
- Sanitizers should be made available along corridors, conference areas, elevators, stairways, and where workers pass.
- Workers shall practice physical distancing at a minimum one-meter radius.
- Eating in a communal area is discouraged. However, if eating in an individual work area is impossible, physical distancing should be maintained in dining areas.
- Canteens and kitchens should be cleaned and disinfected regularly.
- Office tables should be arranged to maintain proper physical distancing, and barriers may be provided between tables.
- The number of people in closed spaces (i.e., elevators, meeting rooms) should be limited and should have one-meter physical distancing.