What to do in the Philippines?
Philippines has so much to offer for tourists. You can go for countless adventures while exploring its more than 7,000 islands. Dive its deep blue sea, climb its mountain peaks, roam around under the city lights, or skydive and fly through its clear blue sky. Here’s a quick guide of activities when you travel to the Philippines.
It’s More Fun in the Philippines
Do you have a foreigner friend or relatives planning to go to the Philippines? Or are you planning a vacation for the next long weekend? Here’s a list of activities from the seas to sky you and your family will surely enjoy.
- Diving and Snorkeling- Philippines holds the most stunning coral reefs in the Pacific. El Nido, Palawan is one of the most visited diving sites in the country.
- Try rice planting with local farmers- Martha Stewart recently visited the Philippines and tried rice planting with farmers in Pampanga. It is a unique and humbling experience to try if you have not done it yet.
- Experience New Zealand- There’s no need to travel to New Zealand to see the Marlboro Hills. Just fly to Batanes and you’ll experience the famous mountain hills.
- Climb the mountain peaks of Sagada and Banaue Rice Terraces. Wake up with the breathtaking views of the sea of clouds.
- Swimming with Whale Sharks- Be thrilled and get up close and personal with these gentle giants in Oslob Cebu.
- Chill and party at white sand beaches- Have a trip on Philippines’ unexplored white sand bars and beaches aside from Boracay.
- Have a tour at the local supermarket- Get away from the expensive malls and branded souvenirs. Visit the nearby “palengke” or supermarket to know more about Filipinos and their culture. You can get quality products at lower a price through “tawad” or bargaining.
- Get yourself a food trip- Maginhawa street in Quezon City is known for its food diversity. Here you can find food stalls and restaurants offering different local and international cuisines. Don’t forget to try Filipino street foods too!
What more activities in the Philippines you recommend? Comment them below.