Classes in all levels are suspended following areas on Monday, April 19, 2021, due to the expected bad weather brought on by Typhoon Bising.
Classes are suspended at all levels and jobs of workers in Catanduanes. In the memorandum issued by Governor Joseph Cua regarding the suspension of attendance at schools and offices, although it does not include staff providing “basic services” and “disaster response.”
Admission to schools and government offices in Tacloban City in Leyte has also been suspended, according to a memorandum issued by Mayor Alfred S. Romualdez.
Meanwhile, public schools and government offices in Samar province are closed, according to Governor Reynolds Michael Tan.
Typhoon Bising turns north northwestward while maintaining its strength, Pagasa reported on its 5 am weather bulletin, Monday, April 19.
At 4:00 AM today, the center of the eye of Typhoon Bising was located based on all available data at 250 km East Northeast of Virac, Catanduanes.
It si moving North Northwestward at 10 km/h Maximum sustained winds of 195 km/h near the center and gustiness of up to 240 km/h.
Today, moderate to heavy with at times intense rains will be experienced over Bicol Region, Northern Samar, Samar, Eastern Samar, Biliran, and Leyte.
Tomorrow (20 April), moderate to heavy rains will be experienced over Bicol Region and Northern Samar.
Typhoon Bising Tropical Cyclone Wind Signal
- Catanduanes, the eastern portion of Camarines Sur (Garchitorena, Presentacion, Caramoan, Sagnay, San Jose, Lagonoy), the eastern portion of Albay (Tiwi, Malinao, Tabaco City, Malilipot, Santo Domingo, Bacacay, Rapu-Rapu, Legazpi City, Manito), and the eastern and central portions of Sorsogon (Castilla, Sorsogon City, Prieto Diaz, Gubat, Barcelona, Casiguran, Juban, Magallanes, Bulan, Bulusan, Irosin, Santa Magdalena, Matnog)
- Northern Samar, Samar, Eastern Samar, and Biliran
- The eastern portion of Isabela (Divilacan, Palanan, Dinapigue), the northern portion of Aurora (Casiguran, Dilasag), the southeastern portion of Quezon (Guinayangan, Calauag, Tagkawayan) including Polillo Islands, Camarines Norte, the rest of Camarines Sur, the rest of Albay, the rest of Sorsogon, and Masbate including Burias and Ticao Islands
- Leyte, Southern Leyte, and the northern portion of Cebu (Tabogon, Borbon, San Remigio, Bogo City, Medellin, Daanbantayan) including Bantayan and Camotes Islands
- Dinagat Islands, Siargao Islands, and Bucas Grande Islands