According to Mandaluyong Mayor Menchie Abalos, only those scheduled today are for the second dozen of nearly 1,000 senior citizens.
“For today, we only have schedule for 2nd dose because we have no more stocks for 1st dose. Actually we have been using part of our 2nd dose as 1st dose for the past days. We are still waiting for new allocation of vaccines,” said Abalos in a text message to ABS-CBN News.
“Galing ho kami sa Zoom meeting po this morning. We were advised ho na i-check iyong aming inventory and mag-save po kami ng 2 weeks supply from our second dose. Beyond 2 weeks, pwede na ho muna naming gamitin as first dose. We were assured naman na dadating daw po by next week, pero still iyong date po hindi naman nasabi sa amin,” said Mandaluyong City Health Office Dr. Alex Sta. Maria.
So far, more than 83,000 individuals have received the first dose in the city.
More than 25,000 were vaccinated by the second dose or those who have been fully vaccinated.
Only 1 of the 6 vaccination sites in Mandaluyong opened due to lack of supply
The national government had earlier apologized for the depletion of the vaccine supply in some cities and promised it would be normal next week.
As of Thursday morning, an additional 1 million doses of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine arrived in the country. About 2.2 million doses of Pfizer vaccine are scheduled to arrive in the evening.
More than 6.3 million doses of COVID-19 have been injected nationwide. Those who are fully vaccinated are over 1.6 million, although this is still far from the minimum target of 58 million for herd immunity.
According to the regional DOH, cases have increased due to non-compliance with most minimum health protocols and continued conduct of mass gatherings.