Update: As of March 5, the number of suspected coronavirus cases in the Philippines (PH) is 669, health officials reported.
Of this number, the Department of Health (DOH) said 37 were admitted to the hospital, 629 were discharged from hospitals and 3 were COVID-19 confirmed cases who are all Chinese tourists.
There is still no recorded case of local transmission in the country.
Update: Number of suspected PH coronavirus cases per region
- Ilocos Region-13
- Cagayan Valley- 38
- Cordillera Administrative Region-29
- Central Luzon- 76
- Metro Manila-225
- Mimaropa- 15
- Bicol- 15
- Western Visayas- 41
- Central Visayas- 63
- Eastern Visayas 18
- Northern Mindanao-19
- Davao Region-24
- Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao-1
Since the outbreak began, 88 Filipinos have contracted the virus, all based outside the Philippines. These include 80 from a cruise ship docked in Japan, 3 in Singapore, 3 in Hong Kong, and 2 in the United Arab Emirates.
World Update COVID-19
- As of today, there 98,433 confirmes cases of coronavirus across the globe with 3,387 deaths.
- 1st case in Bhutan: a 76-year old American tourist who arrived in Bhutan on March 2 via India.
- 1 new case in Canada (Alberta): a woman in her 50s from the Calgary area who had been on board of the Grand Princess cruise ship, which is currently quarantined off the coast of California awaiting tests for all passengers and crew
- 143 new cases (126 in Hubei), 30 new deaths (29 in Hubei) and 1,681 new discharges occurred in China on March 5, as reported by the National Health Commission (NHC) of China.
- 5 new cases in the United States
- 8 new cases in Canada (British Columbia)