PAGASA raised Tropical Cyclone Wind Signal (TCWS) number 3 in Luzon areas as Typhoon Ambo continues to bring rain and strong winds in the country.
O its severe weather bulletin issued at 11:00 am, 15 May 2020, Ambo is now over Catanuan, Quezon, and approaching to northern Quezon, Laguna area.
At 10:00 AM today, the eye of Typhoon “AMBO” was located based on all available data at in the vicinity of Catanauan, Quezon (13.6 °N, 122.3 °E ).
It is moving Northwest at 20 km/h with maximum sustained winds of 125 km/h near the center and gustiness of up to 165 km/h.
Areas under TCWS No. 3
- Quezon including Polillo Island, Rizal, Laguna
- the southern portion of Aurora (Dipaculao, Maria Aurora, Baler, San Luis, Dingalan)
- the southern portion of Nueva Ecija (Licab, Quezon, Santo Domingo, Talavera, Llanera, Rizal,Bongabon, General Mamerto Natividad, Aliaga, Zaragoza, San Antonio, Jaen, Santa Rosa, Cabanatuan, Palayan, Laur, Gabaldon, Peñaranda, San Leonardo, Cabiao, San Isidro, Gapan, General Tinio)
- the eastern portion of Bulacan (San Miguel, San Ildefonso, Dona Remedios Trinidad, San Rafael, Angat, Norzagaray, San Jose Del Monte)
- the western portion of Camarines Norte (Santa Elena, Capalonga, Jose Panganiban, Paracale, Labo)
- the extreme western portion of Camarines Sur (Del Gallego, Ragay, Lupi, Sipocot, Libmanan, Cabusao, Pasacao, Pamplona)
Areas under TCWS No. 2
- Metro Manila
- La Union
- Nueva Vizcaya
- the rest of Aurora
- the rest of Camarines Norte
- the rest of Nueva Ecija
- the rest of Bulacan
- Burias Island
- the eastern portion of Pangasinan (San Nicolas, Natividad, San Quintin, Umingan, Balungao, Sta. Maria, Tayug, Asingan, San Manuel, Binalonan, Laoac, Urdaneta, Villasis, Rosales, Sto. Tomas, Alcala, Bautista, Bayambang, Urbiztondo, Basista, Malasiqui, Sta. Barbara, Manaoag, Mapandan, San Jacinto, San Fabian, Pozorrubio, Sison, Mangaldan, Dagupan, Calasiao, Binmaley, Lingayen, Bugallon, Aguilar, San Carlos, Mangatarem)
- the western portion of Camarines Sur (Siruma, Tinambac, Calabanga, Bombon, Naga, Magarao, Canaman, Camaligan, Gainza, Milaor, San Fernando, Minalabac, Pili)
Areas under TCWS No. 1
- Cagayan including Babuyan Islands
- Ilocos Norte
- Ilocos Sur
- the rest of Pangasinan
- Mountain Province
- Oriental Mindoro
- the rest of Camarines Sur
- the northern portion of mainland Masbate (Aroroy, Mandaon, Balud, Milagros, Baleno, Masbate City, Mobo)
- Ticao Island
Residents in these areas are advised to take appropriate measures, coordinate with local disaster risk reduction and management offices, and continue monitoring for updates, especially the local rainfall or thunderstorm advisories and heavy rainfall warnings from PAGASA Regional Services Divisions (PRSD). Flooding and rain-induced landslides may occur in highly to very highly susceptible areas during heavy or prolonged rainfall.