With mangoes so abundant, affordable and delicious across the Philippines, here’s a dish that makes the tango fruit the undisputed star of the show.
Want to spice up a party in the Philippines? Try this oh-so-yummy Mango Pineapple Salsa recipe. Guests will love you for it and will surely be begging you for the recipe – so make some copies and pass it around! But at the same time, being so quick and easy to make, there’s no reason not to just treat yourself and forget about sharing!
- 2 cups chopped mango
- 1 cup pineapple
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons jalapeño
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup chopped avocado
- ½ cup pomegranate
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅛ cup lime juice
- ⅛ cup honey
- 1 Tablespoon Brown sugar
For those items not found on this recipe you can easily substitute lime juice for calamansi and jalapeno for local sili peppers (chili peppers) etc. – Don’t Be Afraid to Spice this Recipe Up the way You Like it.
- In a large bowl, combine mango, pineapple, cilantro, jalapeño, red onion, avocado and pomegranate.
- In a small bowl salt, lime juice, honey and brown sugar and stir until well combined. Pour over fruit and stir to evenly coat all the ingredients.
- Serve with cinnamon sugar chips, tortilla chips or whatever you’d like!
Follow our Facebook page for daily updates
Latest posts by Timothy Walker (see all)
- Fil-Am and American turn themselves in on drug run in US - November 7, 2017
- Philippines suspends Uber, Grab vehicle registrations as backlog mounts - November 7, 2017
- Mad, bad or misunderstood? What is Kim Jong Un really thinking? - August 28, 2017