Boracay’s White Beach has taken its place among a top 10 of the world’s finest, based on thousands of TripAdvisor reviews.
Taking the top spot for 2015 is Sancho Bay in Brazil. This is despite the beach needing a boat ride, a hike and then a swim to reach. It named as the best beach in the world by 99 per cent of all TripAdvisor users who made the effort to get there.
One of the best beaches in Australia, Whiteheaven Beach, ranked 9th in the world list. This was a fall from last year’s 5th place but it nonetheless remains one of the top rated beaches in Australia and across the South Pacific region.
The Philippines has kept a place in the top 10 White Beach on Boracay Island. For years now, this has been one of the most highly visited tourism resorts across the archipelago.
But what other beaches made the final cut? Read on…
Top 10, according to TripAdvisor reviewers:
1. Baia do Sancho, Fernando de Noronha, Brazil
2. Grace Bay, Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
3. Rabbit Beach, Lampedusa, Italy
5. Playa de ses Illetes, Formentera, Spain
6. Anse Lazio, Praslin Island, Seychelles
8. Flamenco Beach, Culebra, Puerto Rico
Top 10 beaches in the South Pacific:
1. Whitehaven Beach, Whitsunday Island, Australia
2. Maunganui Beach, Maunganui, New Zealand
3. Turquoise Bay, Exmouth, Australia
4. Cable Beach, Broome, Australia
5. Burleigh Heads Beach, Burleigh Heads, Australia
6. Manly Beach, Sydney, Australia
7. Noosa Main Beach, Noosa, Australia
8. Cottesloe Beach, Cottesloe, Australia
9. Titikaveka Beach, Titikaveka, Cook Islands
10. Matira Beach, Bora Bora, French Polynesia
Do you agree with the TripAdvisor reviewers, or are there many better beaches, in the Philippines alone?