There are a lot of things to keep track of when you are trying to live a healthy life. From tracking your exercise to your food intake, it could all be very overwhelming.
The best way to keep track of everything would be by using a good fitness app on your smartphone.
There are a lot of apps available to choose from, and the best for tracking food may just be MyFitnessPal. Let’s take a look at everything you need to know about this app.
Features of MyFitnessPal App
There are a lot of features that come with MyFitnessPal. Here are some of the major ones:
- Exercise tracking – You can search for multiple types of exercises to choose from. Tracking the particular exercise can be tracked, and the calories will be estimated so you can keep track of how you are doing for the day.
- Calorie Tracker – The database that is built into the app has a choice of 300 million different food types. You can also add nutritional information to the program. By inputting what you eat, you will be able to monitor how many calories you intake, which in turn will help you lose weight.
- Track sleep
- Monitor water intake
- Much more
In order to get the most from the application, you may want to use some of the following tips.
- Make sure to add extra calories if you are unsure of the calorie count of a particular food.
- Another great tip is to utilize the quick add button when you are just snacking.
- You can grab nutritional information from restaurant websites and add them to your app for more convenience.
- Add your recipes with very descriptive names so they are easier to lookup.
- Use the barcode scanner to add calorie information from pre-made foods.
- Track as you consume your food for the day
- Make sure to input your weight, so you get more accurate tracking of weight loss goals.
Who It’s Suited To
The free version is best suited for individuals that are looking to maintain their weight. If, however, you are looking for a tool to help you track your food and lose weight, then the premium version is the best choice.
Best Uses – iPhone/Android Accessibility
The app is full of features that can be used to elevate your weight loss goals. It is probably best at tracking food as it has such an extensive database of options.
The good thing about this app is that it is available for both Android and iOS.
There are two tiers to choose from. Here are some of the features that you have access to include the following.
- Track food and calories
- Track other weight analysis metrics
Premium – $9.99/month or $49.99/year
- Ability to change nutritional dashboard
- Food analysis
- Export CSV files
- Set goals by meal
- Visibility of macronutrients
- Access to past weekly reports
Depending on your needs for tracking and motivation, you can change your membership option.
- It is convenient to use
- Offers instantaneous feedback
- Easy to customize to your needs
- Good storage on common choices
- Doesn’t update consistently
- Mobile is not dependable
- Not a one-stop fix for health issues
How to Download
You can go to the respective store and download the app to your device. Or you can visit the online site and set up an account.
To get started, you will have to sign up for the app. Once you have done that, you will be instructed to set up your goals. This includes your calorie goal as well as your activity level.
Once you have an account set up, you can begin to log everything. There are also reminders that you can set up to make your weight loss journey more successful.
You can add foods and recipes that are your favorite. Also, you should set nutrient goals along with the other metrics you want to count and track.
You can also connect with others that are on the same journey. Tracking steps are a crucial aspect of the app. You can add exercises and then sync the app to your other smart devices.
Then all that’s left is to get out there and start tracking your vitals to achieve your goal.
So what is the best app to track what you eat? Though there are a lot of great options, one of the best is Under Armour’s MyFitnessPal.
It has a lot of features, and depending on the level of performance you choose, the features only grow. That is why so many people choose this app as their fitness tracker.