Justice Secretary Menardo Guevarra revealed Monday that many of the complaints received the mega task force against investigating corruption in the government involved Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH).
Guevarra earlier included DPWH in the top five agencies to be prioritized in the investigation, alongside the Bureau of Customs, the Bureau of Internal Revenue, and the Land Registration Authority.
The DOJ Secretary said the mega task force has received around 20 complaints as of Monday.
“But not all these pertain to transactions or projects worth at least P1 billion,” he said in a message to reporters.
The anti-corruption task force’s operations center filters and processes complaints as they come in.
Guevarra previously said the task force uses the P1 billion threshold as a “guideline” in prioritizing which government transactions or projects to look into.
“We will also investigate complaints about corrupt practices involving smaller amounts of money but with high impact on the delivery of government service to the people,” he said earlier this month.
Task force receives many complaints on DPWH corruption
“Kayong mga walang trabaho, kayong mga casual na ilang taon na all you have to do is to let me know and may price ako. Pagka mayroon kang malaking sindikato, ghost project ni director p*** i***, I will give you 50,000. Bulong mo lang maski sino. Yung kaibigan mo. Wag ka nang magbigay ng pangalan. Sabihin mo lang yung kontrata,” he said.
“Pag malalaking contract, huwag mo na sabihin pangalan, ibulong mo lang na niluluto yan. I’ll give you 100,000,” he added.
Duterte said he would protect the tipsters’ identity, adding he would help them if they get harassed by the people involved in the ghost project. Duterte said he would “deal with the devil” and shoot them legally.
“I will keep your identity secret until I reach my grave. Hindi ko kayo bubukuhin, hindi ko kayo papasubo (I will not give you away or put you in a bad situation),” he said.