The Taguig City Government yesterday warned the public to beware of people who want to earn money from the ‘vaccination program’ by charging money to reserve a vaccination slot in their city.
“Citizens are reminded to be wary of these people offering vaccination slots online,” the city said. “The City never uses social media to make appointments and confirm schedules for vaccination.”
This is after the government came up with the modus operandi of offering a slot for vaccination through social media and solicitation of payment.
“The registration for the vaccine is free of charge and is done through the Taguig TRACE system,” the local government said.
The LGU also added that only those with confirmed slots from the Taguig City Health Office can be inoculated at the vaccination site.
They strictly follow the priority list set by the DOH which lists the A1, A2, and A3 categories which are the most dangerous and vulnerable to the virus.
Taguig LGU warns of ‘vaccine slot for sale scam’
Meanwhile, the complete list of Priority Group A4 is as follows:
- commuter transport (land, air, and sea), including logistics
- public and private wet and dry market vendors
- frontline workers in groceries, supermarkets, delivery services
- workers in manufacturing for food, beverage, medical and pharmaceutical products
- frontline workers in food retail, including food service delivery
- frontline workers in private and government financial services
- frontline workers in hotels and accommodation establishments
- priests, rabbis, imams, and other religious leaders
- security guards/ personnel assigned in offices, agencies, and organizations identified in the list of priority industries/sectors
- frontline workers in private and government news media
- customer-facing personnel of telecoms, cable and internet service providers, electricity distribution and water distribution utilities
However, the Department of Health clarified that the AstraZeneca vaccine still cannot be given to economic frontliners, amid calls to speed up vaccination of the population to pursue herd immunity.
Former presidential adviser Dr. Tony Leachon previously called on the government to include economic frontliners in today’s vaccination to speed up the vaccination drive.