Members of the Social Security System (SSS) complain over the agency’s broken website and delayed calamity loan amid the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) crisis in the country.
Jo Gonzales, manager of a courier company, is the one of those who applied for the government’s Small Business Wage Subsidy (SBWS) reserved for small business employees. Unfortunately, they could not contact SSS.
“Sana medyo madaliin nila ‘yung ayuda na ipinangako nila sa mga kompanya kasi ang mga empleyado nag-aantay din, siyempre wala silang pagkukunan, yun lang inaasahan nila,” said Gonzales.
As of Thursday afternoon, the SSS website is still down, so thousands or possibly millions of members are still waiting for help or wanting to apply for a calamity loan.
SSS explained that only employers are allowed for now to access the website so it would not crash.
They also sent an email to 114,000 small businesses that are qualified for the SBWS.
Meanwhile, other members also want to apply for a calamity loan but could not since the SSS website is down. SSS said the online calamity loan application could not begin on Friday.
“Nakikiusap po kami na maghintay lang tayo, unawain niyo muna ang sitwasyon… Isusunod po namin ang calamity loan, ‘yung website natin po kasi nagkakaproblema sa dami ng gumagamit,” said SSS spokesperson Fernan Nicolas.
(We ask you to be patient, please understand the situation first. We will get the calamity loan next. The website is experiencing a problem because of the high volume of users.)
There is no certainty as to when the calamity loan will be available, but the SSS has made it clear that the application is still online, as they will not allow members to go to their offices.
Also read: No online registration, no SSS salary loan
How to Apply Pag-IBIG Calamity Loan Online 2020
1. Fill out the Fillable Loan Form.
– Click this link for the fillable Multi-Purpose Loan (MPL) Form https://www.pagibigfund.gov.ph/…/SLF065_MultiPurposeLoanApp…
– Click this link for the fillable Calamity Loan Form https://www.pagibigfund.gov.ph/…/SLF066_CalamityLoanApplica…
– Fill out Fillable Loan Form, no need for signature
2. Save the filled-out form as PDF file
3. Send the PDF file via email to your company HR, authorized company representative, or Fund Coordinator along with (1) valid ID and the front and back images of your Loyalty Card Plus, or Landbank, UCPB, or DBP cash card.
The company HR, authorized representative, or Fund Coordinator shall email the following to the Pag-IBIG Fund email address designated for your area:
1. Your loan application and requirements
2. The filled-out ”Employer Confirmation of STL Application” bearing your name. Your authorized company representative or Fund Coordinator can download this fillable form via this link https://www.pagibigfund.gov.ph/…/Email-Format-Employer-Conf…