A Sri Lankan man has admitted sexually abusing his Filipina wife and stepdaughter and broadcasting the attacks online for cash.
The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) raided the man’s home in Bulacan today (Friday, July 12) after his wife reported that she had lived as a “cybersex slave” for the past seven months.
She said that she had finally called in the authorities after husband had started molesting her daughter from a previous relationship. She also claimed that he had sent copies of the sex videos to her relatives.
The Sri Lankan can not be named in order to protect the identities of the wife and stepdaughter.
A television report of the raid in San Jose Del Monte by John Consulta for GMA News included a brief interview with the suspect.
When asked why he had sexually abused his family members in exchange for payment from foreign clients, he replied: ”It’s because we don’t have any option, I don’t have money.”
He then appeared to justify his acts by saying he loved his wife, before an angry NBI agent shouted him down, saying: “If you love her why were you making love in public?”
In an interview with the camera crew, the wife described how her husband would force her to comply with his demands by physically assaulting her. She also said that he had previously been a reliable provider whom she had trusted.
Ronald Agulto, the head of NBI Interpol, told GMA News that the Sri Lankan could face charges for violation of RA 9208 or Anti-Trafficking in Persons Act of 2003, RA 9262 or Anti-Violence Against Women and Children Act of 2004, and the Cybercrime Prevention Act of 2012.
Follow our Facebook page for daily news updates
Latest posts by M G Martin (see all)
- Filipinos making a difference overseas could win presidential awards - August 23, 2019
- Teen pregnancy still a problem despite downward trend, says health chief - August 23, 2019
- Early release for ex-mayor jailed for rape and murder dismissed by palace - August 23, 2019