It may be a bit difficult for you to know exactly what type of sleeping bag you need, especially if you are new to this. The price of these bags is not going to help you in making the choice. Therefore, you should know a few specific factors that will help you make the right choice.
Out of all the factors that will influence your final decision, the size and the temperature rating are the most important ones to consider. You will surely not want to wake up in the middle of the night with cramps in your joints and cooked up.
Use of sleeping bags during your trip to the Philippines
In any case, in a normally lovely nation like the Philippines, it’s practically despicable to remain cooped up inside, regardless of how warm and feathery your lodging duvet is.
While the courageous can move themselves to harsh it out in the numerous astounding outdoors detects the nation brings to the table, the not really outside shrewd would now be able to exploit of a development that joins the best of the two universes.
The 5 greatest Campsites and Glampsites in the Philippines:
- The Birdhouse, El Nido, Palawan, Philippines
- Coalition Camp Site, Brgy Bukal 4013 Cansuso Rd, Cavinti, Laguna, Philippines,
- Anawangin Cove, Pundaquit, San Antonio, Zambales, Philippines
- Nagsasa Cove, Zambales, Philippines
- Simple Adventure, Baler, Aurora, Philippines
About the size
The size of the sleeping bag will entirely depend on your body proportions. When you choose a sleeping bag make sure that:
- You are not misled by bags that come in male and female versions as it means very little
- You measure yourself out properly
- You show those measurements to the salesperson and
- Try the bag by sitting in it.
All these will make sure that there is no doubt whether or not you will fit properly in the sleeping bag.
If you plan to camp outside with your kids or your partner then choosing a double-sized bag may be a better idea. This will save you from buying the separate item for every individual which will cost you more. Therefore, plan!
While choosing the size of the sleeping bag, also make sure that you consider the weight of the bag. Why? This is because a giant and heavy sleeping bag will tire you easily and more if you already pack heavy during your trip. The weight of the bag will, however, depend on the insulating material as well as the size.
About temperature rating
Next thing you should consider is the temperature rating of the sleeping bag. The best sleeping bags will have such ratings mentioned on the label but if you cannot find it make sure that you ask the salesperson for it.
The temperature rating that will suit you the best will largely depend on the place and time you like to sleep. If you visit a very hot area then a sleeping bag specially designed for cold mountain expeditions will cause serious health risks to part from the discomfort factor.
Ideally, there are three key values that you should look for when you sift through different types of sleeping bags. These are:
- The Upper Limit which is the highest air temperature that a man can expect to sleep comfortably inside the bag
- The Comfort limit which is the lowest temperature a woman can expect to sleep comfortably inside the bag
- The Lower Limit which is the lowest temperature a man can expect to sleep comfortably in the bag.
Ideally, you should choose a sleeping bag that has a Comfort marker that matches with the lowest possible temperature that you may expect during the trip.
Remember, forethought and proper planning is most important while choosing a sleeping bag according to your needs.