This was after Duque announced that the national government secured some 25 million doses of the COVID-19 vaccine from Chinese firm Sinovac.
“We sealed the deal with Sinovac for 25 million with early 50,000 doses by February, 950,000 by March, and 2 to 3 million in succeeding months ’til December with 25 million doses. This is in addition to AstraZeneca as confirmed by Sec. Galvez,” he was quoted as saying in a report by Mai Bermudez on GMA’s “24 Oras Weekend” on Sunday.
Last month, Malacañang said the Philippines’ top choice for a COVID-19 vaccine is still China’s Sinovac despite the firm’s “bribery history.”
“Consistent po tayo na papayagan lang nating magamit ang mga bakuna na napatunayan nang ligtas at mabisa laban sa COVID-19,” Roque told reporters.
“We hope to close the deal with these companies this month,” he said.
First batch of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccines to arrive next month – Duque
“Thus, they could have secured the delivery of 10 million Pfizer vaccines as early as January next year, way ahead of Singapore but for the indifference of Sec Duque who failed to work on the necessary documentary requirement namely, the Confidentiality Disclosure Agreement (CDA) as he should have done,” the senator said in a statement.
Lacson said Pfizer’s representative in the country was even following up on submitting such documentary requirements.
However, Duque said the confidentiality disclosure agreement (CDA) with Pfizer was supposed to be signed by the Office of President (OP) and not by the Department of Health (DOH). He said Pfizer wanted OP, through the Executive Secretary (ES), to sign the CDA.