Angeles City Mayor Edardo Pamintuan said yesterday that it had shed its reputation as a Sin City destination after taking home a “Pearl Award”.
Pearl Awards are given by the Association of Tourism Officers of the Philippines along with the Department of Tourism (DOT).
The mayor said the city’s reputation as a “rest and recreation” destination for American servicemen had given the place a bad name, and that was rapidly changing.
The Pearl Awards gala awards event was hosted by Davao City and the DOT in Davao region on October 3.
The award was given to Angeles City based on a documentary titled “Revitalizing Heritage in Angeles City,” which detailed the government’s partnership with the community and their effort to protect, preserve and develop the city’s heritage zone in Barangay Santo Rosario.
No doubt, American expats are highly upset at the revelation and the implicit insinuation that ‘they’ were in fact the reason for the ‘sin city’ branding of Angeles City.
UPDATE: We’ve done our research, and found that Angeles City and the surrounding area in fact have a lot to offer for almost everyone to enjoy. Whether you are interested in military history, the past in general, natural history or the natural world or just relaxing in luxury, we’ve got you covered. Here is our guide to 15 great days out to enjoy the next time you visit Sin City.
Here are our tips for other things to do in Sin City:
1. Go for a flight
2. Explore the whole country
3. Have a game of golf
4. Get close to historic aircraft
5. Climb a mountain
6. Relax in the water
7. Have a game of lawn bowls
8. Walk with dinosaurs
9. Have a splashing good time
10. Saddle up
11. Whizz along the water
12. Explore the past
13. Discover local history
14. Celebrate the dogs of war
15. Relax in suburban America
Follow our Facebook page for daily news updates
Latest posts by Timothy Walker (see all)
- Fil-Am and American turn themselves in on drug run in US - November 7, 2017
- Philippines suspends Uber, Grab vehicle registrations as backlog mounts - November 7, 2017
- Mad, bad or misunderstood? What is Kim Jong Un really thinking? - August 28, 2017