Cavite Governor Jonvic Remulla, on Monday, ordered all shopping malls closure in the province after shoppers failed to practice social distancing.
“To enjoy freedom, we have to control ourselves,” Remulla said in a Facebook post quoting a line from GC8 Episode 8 (Beast Mode).
“Apat na araw lang kung kailan nagumpisa ang papasok ng GCQ ay halos 40 na bagong kaso. Akala ninyo ang GCQ ay FREEDOM PASS. Akala ninyo na ang pag bawas ng checkpoint ay pwede na ipagbaliwala ang mga pass para maka labas ng bahay. Akala ninyo na ang work ID ay lakwatsya pass. Ito ngayon ang aking patakaran,” said Remulla.
(Just four days before we enter the GCQ, we already have 40 new cases. You thought GCQ is a FREEDOM PASS. You thought the checkpoints would be reduced, and the passes are no longer needed to go out. You thought your work ID is a pass to loiter. This is my rule now.)
Remulla then listed the rules under the Executive Order related to the mall closure after he met with Cavite mayors:
- ALL MALLS in CAVITE are temporarily closed due to social distancing violations.
- Even supermarkets and drug stores within the mall are closed until further action is taken regarding social distancing.
- Most of those who went to mall thought they could beat the system:
- Using employee’s ID even when they are not on duty
- Using employee’s ID and quarantine pass to go out
- Going to restaurants (Jollibee, Mcdo), ordering take-out just to eat inside the mall and outside the restaurant
Remulla also called out companies not to abuse the system. He said an employee should only get a certificate of duty from their HR on the day of their duty. Employees are given one to one and a half-hour grace periods to go to and leave work.
“Please stay at home. Pag Ito ay abusuhin pa lalo, ay baka ikansala ko ang pribeleyo ng mga nagka sala sa work ID [Please to do not abuse this further, or else, the privilege of those given a work ID would be canceled],” Remulla said.
“Tandaan, Ang Q sa GCQ ay “Quarantine.” Hinde pa po tapos ang sakuna,” the Cavite governor said at the end of his post.
(Remember, the Q in GCQ is “Quarantine.” The crisis is not yet over.)