Remains of Christine Dacera arrives in GenSan; burial set on Jan.10

The remains of , the flight attendant who was found dead after partying on New Year’s Eve, have been returned to General Santos City this Thursday.

Only relatives and close friends attended the wake and mass for Dacera on Wednesday night.

Sharon Dacera, Christine’s mother was with 5 relatives and friends when Dacera returned to GenSan.

A friend of the Dacera family said the family is still processing the documents and other evidence that will be used to continue the police investigation into the death of the flight attendant.

“The family has decided to leave it up to the PNP to do further investigation. Although we have a lot of witnesses that’s coming forward, and alam naman namin right from the very start there were a lot of irregularities and inconsistencies. So we leave it up to the PNP to be able to assess kung ano talaga ang nangyari,” said Marichi Ramos, a family friend.

Ramos also confirmed that a second autopsy was being performed on Dacera’s body but said it would not be just released unlike what happened in the first autopsy that showed Christine died of a ruptured aortic aneurysm.

Remains of Christine Dacera arrives in GenSan; burial set on Jan.10

“We’re surprised nga na nakalabas yung SOCO Report bago pa kami makakuha ng any documents. Antayin na lang natin. It remains confidential ‘yung second autopsy natin,” said Ramos.

In an interview with Teleradyo, the National Capital Region Police Office said that they will return to the hotel where Christine Dacera was found. They will also try to get more evidence such as alcohol and if possible drugs are used.

“Honestly speaking, kumbaga sa mangga, hilaw pa, i must admit. Nonetheless, that should not be a reason for us na itigil na ‘yong investigation. Ang importante pong makita natin dito, what would be the cause of death. Para makita po natin at maiwasan na maulit ulit ang pangyayaring ito,” said NCRPO director Vicente Danao Jr.

Christine Dacera will be laid to rest on Sunday, January 10.

Members of the Dacera family are ready to return to Metro Manila to assist in the investigation into the still unfinished story of how Christine Dacera died.