The Philippine National Police has reduced the amount of requirements needed to apply for a gun permit within the country.
The easier process will reduced the number of requirements needed, essentially streamlining the application process.
Prior commitments to owning a gun took 10 requirements – today those requirements will be reduced to just four:
- A neuro-psychiatric screening
- A drug test
- Police clearance
- RTC/MTC Clearance (also known as an NBI clearance)
PNP Director General, Ronald Dela Rosa said “As we are streamlining the processes, we are further automating our system so that [applicants] need not queue anymore. As President Duterte said, he does not want people falling in line for a government service.”
Dela Rose added that the PNP will begin issuing “a commitment slip” to applicants when the apply, that slip will give a precise number of days it will take to process the application.
Latest posts by Timothy Walker (see all)
- Fil-Am and American turn themselves in on drug run in US - November 7, 2017
- Philippines suspends Uber, Grab vehicle registrations as backlog mounts - November 7, 2017
- Mad, bad or misunderstood? What is Kim Jong Un really thinking? - August 28, 2017