Police allegedly beat ECQ violator in Cavite


Police allegedly beat a man accused of breaking the curfew in Cavite on May 12.

According to Nico Waje’s report on “24 Oras Weekend” this Sunday, Ronald Campo, a resident of General Trias, sustained bruises all over his face and body, wound in the head, and broken cheekbones.


Campo told his brother Rolando that the police had done it to him.

Ronald and two other residents were allegedly taken to the police station for a May 12 curfew violation.

Ronald said after they did some push-ups, the police took them to a dark place.


Because of fear, Ronald resisted and ran away, so police chased him.

“Pero mga kasamahan ko noon, pinagsasaktan ho talaga kami. Pinagpapalo-palo po kami noong batuta mula ulo hanggang mukha. Kitang-kita naman ho ang ebidensya,” said Ronald.

(They hurt us. They beat us with a policeman’s club, from head to our face. You can see the evidence clearly.)

But according to police, Ronald was intoxicated and on the run when he ran into the motorcycle and jumped into the creek with rocks and crushed bottles.

Even though he was drunk, Ronald still climbed to the roof before entering a house where he was beaten by an arnis stick that caused his wound in the head. 

He said the drunk man ran and jumped into a swimming pool 8 feet deep but had no water. It was there that the police arrested him.

But he managed to escape again but was caught by the mounds blocking the convenience store. He was then arrested and taken to the hospital.

Ronald is still in the hospital and is being closely guarded by police.

Once he gets out of the hospital, Ronald would go straight to jail and would face multiple charges.

“Nag-direct na ako ng investigators to gather information para mapagsama-sama natin at makumpleto natin ang buong storya ng nangyari,” said Police Lieutenant Colonel Marlo Solero, chief of General Trias Police.

(I ordered the investigators to gather information so we can consolidate and complete the whole incident.)

According to presidential spokesperson Harry Roque, the national government will ask the Philippine National Police to investigate.

“Paimbestigahan po natin ‘yan. Tatawagaan natin mismo si PNP chief gamboa at titingnan natin kung ano nangyari diyan,” said Roque.

(We will have it investigated. We will personally call PNP chief Gamboa, and we will see what will happen.)

“Alam niyo naman po sa ating gobyerno, no one is above the law. Kung talagang may lumabag sa batas, mayroon naman pong imbestigasyon, paglilitis at pag-uusap,” he added.

(You know our government, no one is above the law. If someone violated the law, there is an investigation, trial, and discussion.)