In an exclusive report by Emil Sumangil on GMA News “24 Oras” on Tuesday, it was said that the two suspects were arrested by operatives of the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) in Batangas on June 8.
The NBI conducted the pursuit of the suspects after they were approached by relatives of the abducted neighbors Rexcell John Hipolito, 23; Ronald Jae Dizon, 21; and Ivan Serrano, 18.
Video footage showed the victims being taken in cars by about eight people in April.
According to the arrested suspects, they are “assets” of the police and instruct people involved in illegal drugs to be arrested.
The three victims were allegedly involved in the sale of marijuana.
They were allegedly with the police when the three victims were abducted. But they were not involved in the murder.
“Nagtuturo po ako ng subject, ‘yong huhulihin po. Ngayon, kasi hindi po makagalaw ang kapulisan kapag wala silang asset kasi doon po sila kumukuha ng trabaho,” said the suspect.
Police allegedly abducted 3 people in Manila, arrested suspects say
“Sinasama po nila kami para magkaroon kami ng pera kasi kailangan nga po nila kami. Kumbaga, kami po ‘yong pinapa-front nila para hindi po sila masunog sa tao,” he added.
According to the suspects, they heard that the three victims had been killed.
“Wala na po sila. Kumbaga, nabalitaan po naming patay na sila,” the arrested suspecr said.
The bodies of the victims are said to be thrown into the sea or burned.
The two allegedly regretted their involvement in the abduction and were willing to cooperate with the investigation.
The NBI witness protection program of the Department of Justice will take care of the siblings.
The NBI is said to be aware of the whereabouts of the alleged policemen involved in the abduction of the victims.
Meanwhile, the Philippine National Police Public Information Office declined to give a statement on the case.