Documents obtained by the senate showed plunder convict Janet Lim Napoles had been released from rape sentence and on good behavior, Wednesday.
Napoles was also the alleged mastermind of P10-billion pork barrel scam in 2013.
In a phone interview with Inquirer, Sen. Richard Gordon confirmed that Napoles was among the freed heinous crime convicts under GCTA Law since 2014, Wednesday night.
Gordon said he was disappointed with the latest discovery on the GCTA senate investigation.
“Napaka-incompetent talaga. Didikdikin ko sila bukas d’yan. May intensyon ba talagang palayain si Napoles? Bakit rape ang kaso sa kanya ‘di plunder? There’s something to it,” Gordon said.
(They are so incompetent. I will grill them tomorrow (Thursday). Do people want Napoles freed? And why is her case listed as rape, not plunder? There’s something to it.)
Documents showed Janet Lim Napoles released on November 12, 2018
Napoles was number 275 in the list of convicts guilty of rape. She was supposedly released on November 12, 2018.
The document showed she was freed due to the “expiration of sentence.” However, no further details were given on her rape case such as the date of her conviction and length of sentence.
Meanwhile, Justice Undersecretary Deo Marco said that they would investigate the incident. Marco leads the committee accountable for reviewing the Bureau of Corrections (BuCor) activities.
“Either na nasa listahan talaga si Napoles hindi lang natuloy, or nagkamali sa encoding, especially, rape ang sinabing kaso d’yan ni Napoles. I will ask BuCor to explain,” Marco said.
(Either Napoles was really on the list but she just was not released, or there were errors in encoding, especially since rape was listed as the case. I will ask BuCor to explain.)
The Sandiganbayan sentenced Napoles of life imprisonment concerning the priority development assistance fund (PDAF) scam plunder cases of Sen. Bong Revilla, and former senators Jinggoy Estrada and Juan Ponce Enrile.
She was also found guilty of illegally detaining whistleblower Benhur Luy in 2015 Court of Appeals acquitted her in 2017.