A British pervert who paid a Filipino mother 1,700 pesos to watch her daughters being sexually abused online has been jailed.
Nigel Birch, aged 66, sent the money to the woman after asking to watch the two girls, aged 10 and 15, being abused by their male cousins, aged 12 and 15.
Birch has now been jailed for two years and eight months after he pleaded guilty at Swindon Crown Court to ‘facilitating the commission of a child sex offence’ and making indecent images of children.
His offending was discovered after 172 payments to Southeast Asia were found in his bank account, The Swindon Advertiser reported.
The father-of-two, formerly from Swindon, but now living in Stroud, claimed he was sending money to the woman to “help her get out of the sex trade”.
However, his Skype logs prove that he was discussing exactly how he wanted to see the girls being abused. The pervert later admitted paying for the depraved “shows”.
Passing sentence yesterday (Monday, June10) Judge Jason Taylor QC said: “You obviously logged on for that show. It can’t be proved beyond doubt it took place.
“You made admissions, including that you derived sexual pleasure from what you saw on previous occasions.
“You said you had paid for shows on a dozen times even though you only got a return on about half of them.
“You are targeting people who are vulnerable because of their desperation and lack of money.
“There was a considerable disparity between your age and the age of the children being discussed.
“There is an element of commercial exploitation, as £25 [about 1,700 pesos] would have bought you nothing in the UK.”
Birch was also given a sexual harm prevention order and will register as a sex offender.
Detective Sergeant Helen Clarke of Wiltshire Police, said: “This was a complex case carried out by our Child Internet Exploitation Team, which included financial and cyber enquiries.”
It was not revealed during the court case whether the mother involved had been brought to justice in the Philippines. However, as we have reported, there have been a spate of arrests and convictions of mothers offering their children for cyber-pornography, particularly in the Cebu area.
Follow our Facebook page for daily news updates
Latest posts by M G Martin (see all)
- Filipinos making a difference overseas could win presidential awards - August 23, 2019
- Teen pregnancy still a problem despite downward trend, says health chief - August 23, 2019
- Early release for ex-mayor jailed for rape and murder dismissed by palace - August 23, 2019