National carrier PAL is launching new routes from Manila to three Asian destinations and is also looking to increase services to Europe.
On March 31, PAL will launch four weekly flights from the capital to Hanoi in Vietnam. Then, the next day, it will start flying five times weekly to Phnom Penh in Cambodia.
At a press conference in Manila City yesterday (Tuesday, January 8), PAL president and CEO Jaime Bautista said:
“India is the air travel growth market of the future and a new economic power. So our link to Delhi improves the Philippines’ connectivity with the global economy.
“We are enthusiastic about our New Delhi route because, for the first time, we have the right-sized aircraft for the Indian market.” He clarified that the route would be served by Airbus A321neos.
At the same press conference, Mr Bautista said the company was also looking to new destinations in Europe.
“Our planning department is completing a study of flying to either Paris or Rome, or Munich, or Frankfurt, but no definite decision yet,” he said.
“It’s still a work in progress. We have not made any decision yet, but we continue to study the possibility of operating to another destination in Europe.”
He also announced increased flight frequencies to 13 destinations this year. These are:
- Cebu-Nagoya, from 4 times a week to daily
- Manila-Osaka (nonstop), from 7 to 11 weekly flights
- Manila-Bangkok, from 21 to 25 weekly flights
- Manila-Kuala Lumpur, from 7 to 11 weekly flights
- Manila-Jakarta, from 7 to 10 weekly flights
- Manila-Los Angeles, from 14 to 17 times weekly
- Manila-San Francisco, from 10 to 14 times weekly
- Manila-New York, from 5 times a week to daily flights
- Manila-Toronto, from 5 times a week to daily flights
- Manila-Sydney, from 7 to 9 weekly flights
- Manila-Brisbane, from 4 to 5 weekly flights
- Manila-Taipei, from 10 to 14 weekly flights
- Manila-Doha, from 4 to 5 weekly flights
Meanwhile, PAL has launched a New Year Sale for both local and international destinations, with one-way base fares starting at 99 pesos.
The sale started on Monday and will run until Sunday, January 13. Flights covered by the promo fares are from January 21 to November 30.
Visit the airline’s website for details.
Follow our Facebook page for daily news updates