Philippine Airlines has told passengers to arrive four hours early for flights while the national carrier upgrades its IT systems.
As we have previously reported, PAL is introducing a “more advanced and passenger-friendly” IT system called the Altea Suite by Amadeus, which “will result in faster and more convenient customer transactions, including reservations, ticketing and check-in”.
During the transition period this weekend — March 23 to 24 — the airline said there would be limited access to services such as online check-in, ticket purchases/bookings and other travel extras such as the redemption of mileage privileges.
Due to this limited access, PAL has advised passengers travelling from now until March 25 to arrive for check-in at least four hours before their flights.
Passengers are also being told to bring a printed and digital copies of their tickets and receipts.
PAL also said that the following services would be limited or not available on these days and times:
- Online bookings and ticket purchases via the PAL website and the PAL Mobile App – from March 23, 6 PM to March 24, noon
- Ticket purchases at ticket offices and PAL contact centre – from March 23, 8pm to March 24, noon
- Bookings via other channels (travel agents, etc) – from March 23, 10pm to March 24, noon
- Rebooking/re-routing/refunding of tickets – from March 23, 8pm to March 24, noon
- Purchase of Swingaround tour package – from March 23, 6pm until further notice
- myPAL Upgrade bidding suspended for all flights from March 21 to March 25 (upgrades may be done at the airport instead)
- Online check-in via website, Mobile App or airport check-in kiosk – from March 22 to March 25
- Issuance of onward boarding passes for connecting flights (Bags can still be checked through to the final destination) – from March 22 to March 24
- Purchase of Travel Extras (choice seats, prepaid bags, etc) – from March 23 to March 24, noon
- Redemption of Mabuhay Miles, Upgrade Travel Certificates and service class upgrades (for Mabuhay Miles members) – from March 23 to March 24, noon
- Special requests for special meals, bassinets, oxygen, stretchers – from March 23 to March 24, noon
“These services will resume after the completion of the upgrade targeted on March 24 noon time,” the airline’s statement said.
Follow our Facebook page for daily news updates
Latest posts by M G Martin (see all)
- US official who used position to abuse Filipina girls gets 40 years - August 17, 2019
- After Boracay ‘poop’ incident, rules to be written in Chinese and Korean - August 16, 2019
- Mother who offered to abuse three-year-old daughter online is arrested - August 16, 2019