Typhoon Bising turns north northwestward while maintaining its strength, Pagasa reported on its 5 am weather bulletin, Monday, April 19.
At 4:00 AM today, the center of the eye of Typhoon Bising was located based on all available data at 250 km East Northeast of Virac, Catanduanes.
It si moving North Northwestward at 10 km/h Maximum sustained winds of 195 km/h near the center and gustiness of up to 240 km/h.
Today, moderate to heavy with at times intense rains will be experienced over Bicol Region, Northern Samar, Samar, Eastern Samar, Biliran, and Leyte.
Tomorrow (20 April), moderate to heavy rains will be experienced over Bicol Region and Northern Samar.
Under these conditions and considering the antecedent rainfall over the aforementioned areas, flooding (including flashfloods) and rain-induced landslides are increasingly likely to occur especially in areas identified in hazard maps as highly or very highly susceptible to these hazards.
PAGASA Regional Services Divisions may issue local thunderstorm/rainfall advisories and heavy rainfall warnings while the Hydrometeorology Division and River Basin Flood Forecasting and Warning Centers may issue General Flood Advisories and Basin Flood Bulletins as appropriate.
Typhoon Bising Tropical Cyclone Wind Signal
- Catanduanes, the eastern portion of Camarines Sur (Garchitorena, Presentacion, Caramoan, Sagnay, San Jose, Lagonoy), the eastern portion of Albay (Tiwi, Malinao, Tabaco City, Malilipot, Santo Domingo, Bacacay, Rapu-Rapu, Legazpi City, Manito), and the eastern and central portions of Sorsogon (Castilla, Sorsogon City, Prieto Diaz, Gubat, Barcelona, Casiguran, Juban, Magallanes, Bulan, Bulusan, Irosin, Santa Magdalena, Matnog)
- Northern Samar, Samar, Eastern Samar, and Biliran
- The eastern portion of Isabela (Divilacan, Palanan, Dinapigue), the northern portion of Aurora (Casiguran, Dilasag), the southeastern portion of Quezon (Guinayangan, Calauag, Tagkawayan) including Polillo Islands, Camarines Norte, the rest of Camarines Sur, the rest of Albay, the rest of Sorsogon, and Masbate including Burias and Ticao Islands
- Leyte, Southern Leyte, and the northern portion of Cebu (Tabogon, Borbon, San Remigio, Bogo City, Medellin, Daanbantayan) including Bantayan and Camotes Islands
- Dinagat Islands, Siargao Islands, and Bucas Grande Islands
In the next 24 hours, under the influence of Typhoon Bising and an enhanced northeasterly wind flow, the following sea conditions will be experienced over the coastal waters of the country.