Pacquiao is heading to America to prepare for his fight against Errol Spence, which will be held in Las Vegas on August 22.
Pacquiao quickly entered the airport and did not give an interview but greeted some waiting fans.
Last month, Pacquiao’s camp said the bout between the eight-division champ and Errol Spence in Las Vegas is still “on” despite the lawsuit Paradigm Sports filed against the boxing champ.
“Sen. Manny Pacquiao’s camp says the scheduled August 21 bout between Pacman and undefeated WBC/IBF Welterweight Champion Errol Spence in Las Vegas is ON, and the lawsuit filed by Paradigm Sports Management against him has no legal basis to stop the fight from happening,” said GMA News.
According to the lawsuit, Pacquiao is not obliged to fight under Al Haymon’s Premier Boxing Champions unless he is fighting Floyd Mayweather.
Pacquiao travels to US to practice against Spence
Before going to Los Angeles, Pacquiao first held a press conference to reveal the alleged missing P10.4-billion in funds under the social amelioration program (SAP).
Due to the alleged missing funds, 1.3 million beneficiaries did not receive assistance during the pandemic.
“Nalulula po ako. Doon po sa binanggit ko na isang isyu lamang P10.4 billion na po kaagad ‘yon. Malaking pera po,” Pacquiao said in a virtual conference before going to America for his fight.
Pacquiao also questioned the use of the Starpay e-wallet in SAP distribution.
The purpose of using the service for the distribution of aid is good. But he said the problem is that it has been infiltrated by corruption.
Pacquiao also denied that he was politicizing the situation in the face of the upcoming election.
He said this has nothing to do with whatever his political plans are next year, and he also insisted that he is not trying to anger Duterte.