Over 912 kilograms of different pieces of drug evidence worth over P1.295 billion were destroyed by Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) in Trece Martires City, Cavite.
According to PDEA, the illegal drugs were destroyed through thermal decomposition at the Integrated Waste Management, Inc. (IWMI) facility.
PDEA said thermal decomposition or thermolysis “breaks down chemical compounds by heat. At 1,000 degrees centigrade, all dangerous drugs are totally decomposed or broken down.”
Among the dangerous drugs destroyed were methamphetamine hydrochloride or shabu, toluene, marijuana, cocaine, ecstasy, etc.
The PDEA Laboratory Service report showed the amount of the following illegal drugs that were destroyed:
- 133,134.40 grams of shabu, with an estimated street value of P905,313,916.00
- 102,330 ml of liquid shabu worth P208,753,200.00
- 10.10 grams of toluene worth P1,066.16
- 504,198.96 grams of marijuana worth P60,503,863.34
- 3,585.40 grams of cocaine worth P19,002,638.55
- 4,131.34 grams of MDMA worth P28,319,696.77
P1.2B worth of illegal drugs destroyed in Cavite
- 209,584.30 grams of pseudoephedrine worth P72,432,334.08
- 122.48 grams of ephedrine worth P612,400.00
- 30.26 grams of diazepam worth P2,345.15
- 65.93 grams of nitrazepam worth P1,401.10
- 30.23 grams of alprazolam worth P642.39
- 49.69 grams of methylephedrine worth P79,504.00
- 4.50 grams of ketamine worth P27,346.50
- 350 ml of GBL
- 6,090.50 grams of opium
- 0.42 grams of methylphenidate
- 50,000.00 grams of expired medicines
“We want to assure the public that all seized illegal drugs under the custody of PDEA will all be destroyed, thus allaying fears of recycling,” PDEA Director General Wilkins Villanueva said.