Robredo said the free shuttle service would ply in the following routes:
- Chinese General Hospital in Manila to Research Institute for Tropical Medicine in Alabang
- Lung Center of the Philippines in Quezon City to Heritage Hotel in Pasay City
- Amang Rodriguez hospital in Rizal to SM Mall of Asia in Pasay City
- MCU Hospital in Caloocan City to Double Dragon Plaza in Macapagal Avenue, Pasay City
- SM Fairview in Quezon City to Lawton LRT in Manila
- Balintawak LRT in Quezon City to Heritage Hotel in Pasay City
- Philippine General Hospital in Manila to SM Masinag
- Dr. Jose Rodriguez Memorial Hospital in Caloocan City to Veterans Memorial Medical Center in Quezon City
“We’re bringing back our shuttle services for NCR starting tomorrow, August 4, until August 18,” Robredo said.
“Like before, we will endeavor to be faithful to the designated times. Any delay will be posted on our official Facebook page,” she added.
President Rodrigo Duterte announced Sunday night that Metro Manila, Cavite, Rizal, Bulacan, and Laguna would revert to modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ) starting Monday, August 3. As a result, DOTr again prohibited public transportation to limit the movement of people.
Robredo earlier sent a letter to presidential spokesperson Harry Roque giving suggestions to improve the government’s response to the coronavirus pandemic.
Some of the issues Vice President tackled in her letter are local stranded individuals (LSIs), the government’s testing program, adoption of service contracting for jeepney drivers, procurement of testing kits, and Department of Health’s reporting of fresh and late cases.
Robredo, in her letter, questioned the DOH’s system of reporting, saying she does not understand the logic behind it.
She likewise recommended the procurement of 10 million testing kits must also cover the LSIs.
Robredo also urged the IATF to include the League of Cities of the Philippines in the body. Still, Roque said the task force would continue the policy of inviting local officials as resource persons.
However, Roque said there was nothing new with the Vice President’s suggestions.