This recipe makes one cake – the preparation time is about 20 minutes and you should let the cake sit refrigerated for at least four hours.
10 oz (280 g) graham crackers
5 tablespoons soft unsalted butter
1 13-oz jar Nutella – make sure it’s at room temperature
¾ cup chopped toasted hazelnuts
1 lb (450 g) cream cheese – also at room temperature
½ cup confectioners’ sugar – sifted
1) Break the graham crackers into a medium sized bowl – add butter and 1 tablespoon of Nutella – stir or mix until the contents starts to clump
2) Add 3 tablespoons of hazelnuts and continue to mix until you have a damp, sandy type mixture
3) Tip contents into a 9-inch round springform or pan and press into the base either using your hands or the back of a spoon – Place in the fridge to chill.
4) Beat the cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar in another medium sized bowluntil smooth and then add the remaining Nutella to the cream cheese mixture – continue beating until combined.
5) Take the springform or bowl out of fridge and carefully smooth the Nutella mixture over the base you created prior.
6) Scatter the remaining chopped hazelnuts on top to cover and place the tin in the fridge for at least four hours – Serve straight from the fridge for best results
Latest posts by Timothy Walker (see all)
- Fil-Am and American turn themselves in on drug run in US - November 7, 2017
- Philippines suspends Uber, Grab vehicle registrations as backlog mounts - November 7, 2017
- Mad, bad or misunderstood? What is Kim Jong Un really thinking? - August 28, 2017