According to the DOH, 10 of the number have since been discharged from the hospital after their condition improved, and the tests for the new coronavirus were negative.
Sixty-seven were still admitted to the hospitals and all in the isolation room.
The number of considered PUIs includes eight that are associated with the two Chinese nationals who tested positive of the nCoV.
But of the 67, 30 tested negative of the virus according to the tests conducted by Research Institute for Tropical Medicine (RITM).
Number of PUIs for nCoV climbed to 80, 48 await for test results
There are 48 which results are still pending.
There are still two confirmed cases of nCoV in the Philippines. This is the Chinese couple who were admitted to San Lazaro Hospital last week. The man died on Saturday while the woman is in stable and improving condition.
Health Secretary Francisco Duque III said Monday the remains of the male Chinese tourist, who tested positive for the 2019 novel coronavirus acute respiratory disease (2019-nCoV ARD) and died in the Philippines, will be cremated.
He clarified the 2019-nCoV is no longer transmissible from the dead carrier’s body.
Duque said in a separate interview that he has no confirmation yet if the cremated remains would be brought back to China.