Non-APORs to authorized persons outside of residence (APORs) can now fetch essential workers once the Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) is re-implemented in Metro Manila starting Friday.
This is a retraction of what Philippine National Police chief Gen Guillermo Eleazar had earlier said that it would not be allowed even if public transportation would be limited during the ECQ, as “it could easily be abused.”
“Pwede nang ihatid ng non-APOR ang lahat ng essential workers,” said Eleazar.
“Kailangan lamang nila ang business permit ng employer at certificate of employment ng worker APOR na nakalagay ang name ng employee, pangalan ng maghahatid, at vehicle details.”
It may be recalled that the re-implementation of the ECQ in Metro Manila was announced from August 6 to 20 in the hope that the government will control the proliferation of the more contagious Delta variant of COVID-19.
Consequently, only essential travels such as work, buying food, medicine, etc., will be allowed while everyone must stay indoors.
Unlike the former ECQ, public transportation will be allowed this time around, which is one of the reasons why Eleazar first shunned non-APORS driving to essential travelers.
Non-APORs can fetch essential workers during NCR ECQ
Despite this, public utility vehicles are only 50% capacity and cannot be side by side – there must be a space per passenger. Tricycles will be allowed, but only one passenger is allowed.
“Paparusahan ang mga manloloko at mamemeke ng mga dokumentong para sa hatid-sundo para lang makatawid ng border,” Eleazar added.
Based on the Department of Health (DOH) data, the National Capital Region (NCR) and NCR Plus – which includes Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna, and Rizal – showed a rapid increase in cases.
The DOH also admitted that in some regions of the country, the impact of the Delta variant is felt.
In fact, of the 36 areas monitored by the DOH due to the “moderate” to “high risk” classification, 8 were detected local cases of the more contagious Delta variant.