Anchor Noli de Castro bid goodbye to viewers of “TV Patrol” this Thursday night in conjunction with his decision to try to return to politics.
“Matapos ang malalim na pagsusuri at mataimtim na pagdarasal, ako po ay nagdesisyong tumakbo bilang senador sa halalan sa susunod na taon,” said De Castro at the end of the program.
“At dahil sa hakbang na ito, kinakailangang iwan ko ang ‘TV Patrol’ at ABS-CBN para ipagpatuloy ang serbisyo publiko sa iba namang larangan,” he added.
“Masakit mang magpaalam sa programang minahal ko at naging buhay ko, at sa mahabang samahan sa mga Kapamilya sa ABS-CBN, ako’y humaharap sa mga hamon sa panibagong yugto sa aking buhay.”
“TV Patrol” returns to the long career of the veteran journalist, now 72 years old, from joining DZMM when ABS-CBN reopened after the EDSA Revolution.
Noli De Castro also thanked the ABS-CBN management and colleagues at the company’s Integrated News and Current Affairs.
De Castro, who also previously served as the country’s vice president, is expected to run as senator under Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso’s Democratic Action.
Noli de Castro bids goodbye to TV Patrol
“The 72-year-old broadcaster, who announced his departure from ABS-CBN this morning, is set to run in next year’s senatorial race,” he added.
In the 2001 Philippine Senate election, de Castro garnered the most votes and was the top-notcher for that year, garnering over 16.2 million votes running as an Independent under the Puwersa ng Masa coalition, the opposition coalition that backed ousted President Joseph Estrada.
Nolie De Castro served as vice president under the leadership of former President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo.
In another statement, ABS-CBN said it respects De Castro’s decision.
“Nagpapasalamat kami kay Kabayan sa kaniyang serbisyo sa loob nang ilang dekada sa ABS-CBN News, kung saan naging malaking bahagi siya ng mga programang tumatak na sa kasaysayan at mga proyektong naghatid ng tulong sa publiko,” the company said.