The Department of Agriculture (DA) issued Friday the new suggested retail prices (SRP) of basic agricultural commodities in Metro Manila’s wet markets.
The SRP, however, does not cover those being sold in supermarkets.
The new prices were necessary “as changing cost structures in the supply chain require updating to allow retailers to realize a reasonable profit, while ensuring that consumers are protected from profiteering,” according to the Agriculture department.
DA Administrative Circular (AC) No. 17, signed by Agriculture Secretary William Dar on November 26, 2020, set the new SRP and would remain in effect for two months or until a new AC on the same matter is issued.
The new set of SRP applies to seven categories, namely rice, livestock and poultry, fish, lowland and highland vegetables, fruits, spices, and other basic items.
Their new SRP per kilogram are the following:
- Local: special, P50; premium, P45; and well-milled, P40
- Imported: special, P52; premium, P45; and well-milled, P36
Livestock & poultry
- Beef rump, P380; brisket, P300
- Pork pigue/kasim, P260; liempo, P290
- Whole chicken, P140
- Chicken egg (medium), P6.50/piece
- Milkfish (bangus), P160
- Tilapia, P120
- Roundscad (galunggong) imported, P140
- Alumahan, P250
New SRP for agri products in NCR wet markets set – DA
- Ampalaya, P120
- Sitaw, P100
- Pechay (native), P80
- Squash, P30
- Eggplant, P100
- Tomato, P100
- Cabbage (Scorpio), P70
- Carrots, P80
- Habitchuelas (Baguio beans), P130
- White potato, P70
- Pechay (Baguio), P80
- Chayote, P40
- Calamansi, P50
- Banana: lakatan, P90; latundan, P70
- Papaya, P60
- Mango (carabao), P150
- Red onion local, P160; imported, P120
- White onion (imported), P100
- Garlic, P90
- Ginger, P160
Other basic items
- Sugar: refined, P50; ashed, P45; brown, P45
- Cooking oil (palm) 350 ml, P25; and 1 liter, P50.
“Those who fail to comply with the SRPs could be fined between P5,000 and P2 million and face imprisonment between five and 15 years,” the DA said.
Consumers are encouraged to report to the DA SRP violators at (02) 8920-0925 and email@example.com “so that appropriate corrective measures could be taken.”