Authorities raided a factory of illegal cigarettes in Brgy. Pandacaqui, Mexico, Pampanga, Thursday noon (January 16).
Bureau of Internal Revenue Officer Remedios Advicula Jr., in cooperation with NBI and PNP raided a warehouse converted into a factory which is manufacturing fake cigarette brands Marlboro, Mighty, and Marvel. The cigarettes were put in electric fan boxes.
It was learned that the factory’s machine operators and supervisors are Chinese nationals while its employees are residents of Buhi, Camarines Sur, and Bulan, Sorsogon.
Six manufacturing machines with one maker and one packer line were seized at the illegal cigarettes factory.
According to Advincula, the raid was part of the government’s efforts under Finance
Secretary Carlos Dominguez and BIR Commissioner Ceasar in connection with the government’s tax collection.
Advincula also called on the public to assist the government and the BIR in reaching the target of tax collection to finance the government’s social and economic programs.
FDA releases warning against 15 unregistered food products
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has issued a warning to the public on the purchase of certain unregistered food products.
According to the FDA, it has been found that listed foods did not go through the FDA review, and therefore, they are not considered safe to eat.
FDA list of unregistered food products
1. CV CAMPVILLE’S Delicious Apas
2. CV CAMPVILLE’S Special Pinagong
3. NICEFOODS Orange Drops Soft Candy
4. CANDY BOY MOOOOO Sweetened Milk Powder
5. CANDY BOY MOOOOO Sweetened Milk Choco Powder
6. YAMY Spicy Peanut with Dilis
7. BIOMAGIC® Green Tea
8. SARIAYA BREAD HOUSE Puto Seko
9. CV CAMPVILLE’S Special Tikoy
10. HOME MADE Tamarind Spicy
11. W.L. SWEET DART Nester Chocolate Candy
12. W.L. SWEET DART Royal Orange Candy
13. MJ MAGIC Special Misua
14. MJ MAGIC Special Odong
15. CHUM SARDINES in Tomato Sauce with Chili