The municipal hall of San Joaquin, Iloilo, has been under lockdown starting this Thursday after 18 employees tested positive for COVID-19.
According to the local government announcement, the municipality has been locked down to conduct disinfection. It will reopen on September 1st.
The local government has set up an operation center in front of the municipal hall for transactions and residents who need the service.
It is said that 4 staff first tested positive on Monday, so they immediately swab test the close contacts.
On Thursday, the results came out, and 14 more municipal personnel acquired COVID-19. Most of them are asymptomatic.
According to Iloilo Provincial Health Office data on Wednesday, San Joaquin leads the areas with the highest new COVID-19 cases with a total of 64.
Meanwhile, up to 369 new COVID-19 cases were recorded in the province. As a result, a total of 574 people died in COVID-19 in Iloilo.
In Eastern Visayas, the number of cases of the more contagious Delta variant increased by 2, according to the regional office of the Department of Health (DOH).
Municipal Hall of San Joaquin, Iloilo under lockdown
As a result, the number of Delta variants in the region has risen to 14.
The 2 patients were both returning overseas Filipinos: a seafarer and an 8-month pregnant woman who had previously worked in the United Arab Emirates.
The DOH clarified that the seafarer has not yet returned to Hilongos, Leyte, and continues to be quarantined in Manila while the pregnant woman returned to Hindang, Leyte, on August 9.
According to the DOH, the swab test result of single close contact of the pregnant patient was negative.
He also said that no problem was found with the patient’s pregnancy.
Meanwhile, Occidental Mindoro already has a case of the Delta variant, according to the local government.
According to the LGU, the first case was recorded against a 28-year-old woman resident of Sablayan.
The DOH on Wednesday recorded 13,573 new COVID-19 cases for a total of 1,883,088, of which 125,378 were active cases.