Malacañang said Tuesday the government eased the restrictions on salon and barbershop services areas under general community quarantine and modified GCQ. These would allow such establishments to offer more services aside from haircutting.
Presidential spokesperson Harry Roque said in a briefing that salon and barbershops in GCQ areas are now allowed to offer all haircutting and hair treatment services such as:
- All haircutting services
- Hair treatment services
- Nail care services
- Basic facial care (make-up, eyelash extension, facial massage)
- Basic personal care services (waxing, threading, shaving, foot spa, hand spa)
However, the operating capacity of such establishments in GCQ areas remains at 30% until June 15 but will increase to 50% starting July 16.
Salons and barbershops under MGCQ are allowed to operate at a 75% capacity beginning July 16. The current operating capacity of these establishments is at 50%.
These establishments should strictly comply with the protocols on wearing of face masks, hand sanitation, face shields and gloves, and use of sterilized equipment, Roque.
Areas under ECQ, GCQ, MGCQ
Meanwhile, Health Secretary Francisco Duque III announced the latest list of community quarantine designations:
Enhanced Community Quarantine
- Cebu City
General Community Quarantine
- National Capital Region
- Lapu Lapu City
- Mandaue City
- Southern Leyte
- Talisay City, Cebu
- Towns of Minglanilla and Consolacion in Cebu province
Modified General Community Quarantine (With strict local action)
- CAR: Abra, Baguio City, Ifugao, Kalinga
- Region 1: Ilocos Norte, La Union, Pangasinan
- Region 2: Cagayan, Isabela
- Region 3: Bataan, Bulacan, Nueva Ecija, Pampanga, Angeles City
- Region 4A: Batangas, Laguna, Quezon, Lucena City
- Region 4B: Palawan, Puerto Princesa City
- Region 5: Albay, Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, Naga City
- Region 6: Capiz, Iloilo, Iloilo City, Negros Occidental, Bacolod City
- Region 7: Cebu Province, Bohol, Negros Oriental
- Region 8: Tacloban City, Western Samar
- Region 9: Zamboanga City, Zamboanga del Sur
- Region 10: Bukidnon, Misamis Occidental, Misamis Oriental, Cagayan de Oro
- Region 11: Davao del Norte, Davao del Sur, Davao City, Davao de Oro
- Region 12: Cotabato, South Cotabato
- Region 13: Agusan del Norte, Butuan City
- BARMM: Maguindanao, Lanao del Sur
Modified General Community Quarantine of low risk
- Rest of the Philippines
As of July 7, the country recorded a total of 47, 873 cases with 12,386 recoveries, and 1,309 deaths.