The Metro Manila Film Festival 2020 would push through despite community quarantine restrictions in the country.
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) announced yesterday that the MMFF would go digital in showcasing this year’s movie line up through Upstream and GMovies. Philippine telecommunications giant Globe also co-presented the festival.
In July, MMDA revealed the first four entries for Metro Manila Film Festival 2020. However, only one of those films – Brightlight’s Magikland – made it to the final list. Some of the entries for December were supposed to be shown for the proposed MMFF Summer edition, which was canceled due to the pandemic.
Since MMFF is going digital and the number of theaters available for screenings won’t be an issue – there are more films this year than in previous years. The MMFF only usually has 8 movies in its lineup.
Metro Manila Film Festival 2020 movie line up
Here is the full list of entries for Metro Manila Film Festival 2020:
- Magikland- It is a Peque Gallaga live-action animated film based on one of the theme parks in the Philippines Magic Land located in Silay, Negros Occidental. It is also known as the first outdoor theme park in the Visayas.
- Coming Home- Its main stars are former senator Jinggoy Estrada and Kapamilya actress Sylvia Sanchez.
- The Missing- Directed by Easy Ferrer, The Missing is about Iris (Ritz), who is tapped by a former boyfriend, Job (Joseph), to restore a house in Japan of Riku Watanabe.
- Tagpuan- Starring Alfred Vargas, Iza Calzado, and Shaina Magdayao
- Isa Pang Bahaghari- Isa Pang Bahaghari is a 2020 film starring Nora Aunor. It is directed by Joel Lamangan.
- Suarez the Healing Priest- It is a biopic about the famous healing priest Father Fernando Suarez.
- Mang Kepweng- A fantasy horror-comedy film starring Vhong Navarro
- Pakboys Takusa- A comedy film
- The Boy Foretold by the Stars- A romantic comedy movie about two senior high school boys, who, through the help of a fortune-teller, find each other at an optional school retreat called Journey with the Lord.
- Fan Girl- The movie tells the story of a 16-year-old fan —played by promising new actress Charlie Dizon— who sneaks into actor Paulo Avelino‘s home.