Mayor Isko again allowed walk-ins at vaccination sites

Manila Mayor Isko Moreno once again allowed the walk-in after only a few residents went to vaccination sites.

According to a report by Tina Panganiban-Perez on GMA News “24 Oras,” it was said that some vaccinations in Manila had been loosened after Moreno banned walk-ins at vaccinations due to long queues and chaos.

But Moreno also withdrew it in the afternoon because the scheduled vaccinees did not arrive.

Moreno said he was disappointed when he went to the vaccinations and saw no people.

“Kaya ako sumugod dito kasi kanina pa ako nagmo-monitor, 22 sites, nilalangaw,” said Moreno.

As a result, Mayor Isko once again allowed the walk-in.

Meanwhile, some who were sent home earlier expressed resentment after they were not vaccinated.

“Samantalang dati, naghahanap kayo ng gustong turukan, wala nagpaturok. Ngayong nandito na ang mga tao, available na, ayaw silang turukan,” a resident said.

On the mayor’s Facebook page, mass venues for a first dose of the vaccine were announced, including A1, A2, A3, A4, and A5 priority groups.

Vaccinations will be carried out in various places as well as at four malls and six school sites.

Mayor Isko again allowed walk-ins at

“Idaraos po ang pagbabakuna hanggang 8pm. Hinihikayat namin ang lahat na magtungo sa ating sa iba pang mga oras upang makaiwas sa siksikan. Nais po naming matiyak ang kaligtasan ninyo,” Mayor Isko said.

Meanwhile, Metro Manila  will tighten the quarantine of travelers from abroad amid the threat of the Delta variant of COVID-19.

There have been no reported cases of the Delta variant in Manila, so the mayors plan to tighten the restrictions.

According to Metropolitan Manila Development Authority Chairman and Metro Manila Council (MMC) leader Benhur Abalos, local government units have a big role in preventing the spread of the variant.

“‘Pag turnover sa , dito hihigpitan po talaga ng mga alkalde po natin… to make sure, walang lalabas ng bahay, to serve the full quarantine days,” said Abalos.

But at the MMC meeting on Saturday, the Metro Manila mayors admitted that they would still need 5,000 contact tracers.

Visit our Facebook page for more news updates.