Man’s dismembered body found in Laguna ravine

A mutilated body of a man was found in a ravine in Los Baños, Laguna, according to a Unang Hirit report on Wednesday.

The chop-chop body was placed in four trash bags found by two residents who were just about to pick up a plant in the area.

When the police opened the trash bags, they found the victim’s broken legs, hands, body, and head.

The man was white and thin, estimated to be between 30 and 40 years old. He has a tattoo of a Chinese character on the back.

Police are investigating the identity of the victim.

Also read: Respondents involved in Dacera’s case worry for their safety

3 Chinese nationals arrested for robbing fellow Chinese

Police have arrested 3 Chinese men for stealing P2 million from fellow Chinese in Paranaque City on Monday night.

According to the Southern Police District, the suspects abducted 24-year-old Zhang Huai Zhen, a grocery salesman living in Pasay City.

The victim met with the suspects because he saw their online ad for a cheap exchange rate or exchange of pesos and Chinese yuan.

The victim told the police that they conducted a transaction with the 4 men in Sta. Ana Street corner of Daang Batang in Bgy. Moonwalk around 10 p.m.

In the middle of it, a suspect suddenly sprayed chili spray on his eyes and stole his bag containing P2-million cash.

Barangay Moonwalk guards arrested 3 fleeing men aged 25, 31, and 32.

But one escaped with the bag and money.

Recovered from the detainees were 2 .45 caliber, a .38 caliber gun, as well as used chili spray.

Apart from robbery, the suspects are facing charges of illegal possession of firearms and ammunition.

Police are looking for their at-large colleague.

Meanwhile, the Philippine National Police (PNP) Anti-Kidnapping Group () rescued a 21-year-old student who was abducted at their place in Barangay Mariana, Quezon City on December 31.

The kidnappers asked for P200 million in exchange for the student’s release. But it was later reduced to P1.5 million after negotiations.

The pay-off took place on January 5 in Bustos, Bulacan and at the same time, the victim was released in Ermita, Manila.

After that, the police invited the owner of the pickup used to collect the ransom money. She was identified as Ma. Rachel Gonzales.