Killing of shooting victim inside hospital ‘isolated case’ – Angono police chief

The chief of police in Angono, Rizal, said Friday the killing of a shooting victim while getting treatment inside a government hospital is an “isolated case.”

“Medyo isolated case ‘to, parang sa pelikula nga and then pagkakabaril napakaraming tao sa loob ng hospital, maraming nagpapa-checkup during that time,” Police Major Richard Corpuz said in an interview on ANC.

(This is a bit isolated case, it looks like a movie, and then a lot of people were inside the hospital when he was shot. Many people did checkups during that time.)

“Sa emergency room, marami ding pasyente… actually marami doon buntis, noong nangyari ‘yun talagang nagtakbuhan sila,” he added.

(In the emergency room, there were also many patients. Actually many were pregnant there, when that happened they really ran away.)

The police chief said security measures would be adjusted following the incident, and that security for shooting victims should be reinforced.

“Dapat bantayang maigi at talagang tutukan ‘yung safety. So nagkataon lang talaga na ‘yung kapulisan natin maraming tinututukan ng araw na ‘yan and then ‘yung pulis natin na assigned sa kaniya, kailangang puntahan ‘yung pamilya,” he said.

(Security must be carefully monitored and really focused on. So it just happens that our police are focused on many things that day. Our police assigned to him needed to go to his family.)

Killing of shooting victim inside hospital ‘isolated case’ – Angono police chief

Police are currently investigating the identities of the perpetrators of the crime and the motive behind it.

According to the police, they received a at 11:43 am about 27-year-old Vincent Adia who was shot twice and killed while getting treatment in the Rizal Provincial Hospital System Annex in Angono town.

An unidentified gunman who fled the hospital on a motorcycle with an accomplice killed Adia.

Angono police said Adia was brought to the hospital after he suffered gunshot wounds from another shooting at 3:30 am.

The victim’s family was not able to give information on the identity of the suspects, according to Angono police chief Maj. Richard Corpuz. However, the family said that Adia was imprisoned for seven years for robbery and was recently released.