Regional Trial Court Judge Lope Calio has cancelled the bail previously granted to British man Lenox James Ellis.
71-year-old Ellis is accused of keeping six young boys at his home.
Ellis’s bail was revoked after he failed to appear before the court on his arraignment hearing yesterday.
Judge Calio said: “The return for the subpoena of the accused shows that the subject person is no longer residing at his address – his whereabouts could not be traced.”
Ellis was originally arrested after the police responded to reports by the suspect’s neighbours saying he engaged in suspicious activities.
An original report said the boys were outside the home in the street after curfew and the police were called to the scene.
The Talomo Police verified the report with barangay officials and found Ellis was in the company of children inside his home. The boys were rescued and Ellis arrested.
Police originally said that the boys reported that Ellis touched their private parts. They later found photographs of the boys on Ellis’s computer.
Ellis will face charges for violation of Republic Act 9208 (the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Act of 2003) and RA 7610 (the Special Protection of Children Against Abuse, Exploitation and Discrimination Act).
Latest posts by Timothy Walker (see all)
- Fil-Am and American turn themselves in on drug run in US - November 7, 2017
- Philippines suspends Uber, Grab vehicle registrations as backlog mounts - November 7, 2017
- Mad, bad or misunderstood? What is Kim Jong Un really thinking? - August 28, 2017