Indonesian President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo’s recent trip to the United States help bridge investment agreements worth a staggering $20-billion between Indonesia and US companies.
On Monday, the country’s Foreign Affairs Minister said that the economic issues were the priority for the trip.
A statement was released to Antara news agency on Tuesday saying “There are cooperation agreements worth $20 billion from many companies of varied sectors.”
Officials noted that the deals were in the works for a long time, upon the signing over 250 business people and policymakers from both countries joined the US Chamber of Commerce in Washington D.C. to celebrate the moment.
The following agreements were signed in the $20.25 billion deal, they are:
- 1. Liquid natural gas ( LNG ) purchase agreement between state oil and gas firm Pertamina and Corpus Christie Liquefaction worth $13 billion for delivering LNG to Lampung Floating Storage Regasification Unit ( RSFU ) to meet gas needs in the western part of Indonesia and a LNG terminal for eastern Indonesia.
- 2. Expansion commitment from tobacco giant Phillip Morris for $1.9 billion for factory expansion during 2016 to 2020.
- 3. Coca Cola to invest $500 million from 2015 to 2018 for plant expansion and production increase
- 4. Shale gas field Fasken Eagle Ford development plan between Saka Energi and Swift Energy in Webb Country, Texas worth $175 million.
- 5. State electricity company PLN partnered with General Electric in a $100 million deal for the development of 100 megawatt turbine gas and cydepower units in Gorontalo.
- 6. State University Udayana in Bali partnered with Skychase energy in a $30 million deal for water conservation and power consumption reduction projects
- 7. State lender BNI Syariah and Master Card will launch a debit card aimed at haj and umroh ( minor haj ) pilgrims.
- 8. PLN and UPC Renewables to work on $850 million deal for 350 megawatt wind-powered power plants from 2015 to 2018
- 9. Cikarang Listrindo and General Electric partnered in a $600 million deal for power plant developments
- 10 PT Indonesia Power and General Electric partnered to create a 700 megawatt power plant worth $400 million
- 11. PLN Batam and General Electric partnered to create a 500 megawatt mobile power plant in Mataram, Bangka, Tanjung Jabung, Pontianak, Lampung and Sei Rotan worth $525 million
- 12. State railway PT Kereta Api Indonesia and General Electric partnered to create 50 locomotives in eight years worth $60 million.
- 13. PLN and Caterpillar partnered to create a 2 gigawatt hybrid power plant and PV+ solar project worth $500 million
- 14. Cargill expansion plan invested $750 million for 2015 to 2019
- 15. Caterpillar will develop a Remanufacturing Facility for Cylinder Head in Cileungsi, Bogor, West Java, worth $12 million
- 16. State banknote printing firm Perum Peruri and Crane Currency invested $10 million for a bill security plant in Karawang
- 17. Pertamina and Bechtel Corporation invested $800 million for refineries construction and development in five years
- 18. Kilat Wahana Jenggala and Hubell Power Systems invested to expand the existing plant producing polymer transmission for electricity distribution, worth $5 million to $10 million.
Latest posts by Timothy Walker (see all)
- Fil-Am and American turn themselves in on drug run in US - November 7, 2017
- Philippines suspends Uber, Grab vehicle registrations as backlog mounts - November 7, 2017
- Mad, bad or misunderstood? What is Kim Jong Un really thinking? - August 28, 2017