Here is how you can invest in government bonds using PayMaya.
PayMaya announced Wednesday prospective investors can now use their account to invest in the government’s upcoming Retail Treasury Bonds (RTB).
“PayMaya account holders can easily add funds to their Bonds.ph accounts using their PayMaya-registered mobile numbers, thereby democratizing access to government RTBs even to those who do not yet have a bank account,” it said.
Bureau of the Treasury (BTr) is scheduled to raise as much as P30 billion from its five-year RTBs to be offered from Thursday, July 16, 2020, to August 7, and to be settled on August 12.
Investors could invest as low as P5,000, up to an aggregate amount of P500,000. Transactions through PayMaya will be charged P5.00.
How to Invest Using PayMaya
- PayMaya account holders simply need to download the Bonds.Ph app from the App Store for iOS users and Google Play Store for Android Users.
- Register and verify their accounts and quickly cash in using PayMaya-registered mobile numbers.
Add funds to your Bonds.Ph account using PayMaya:
- Go to the Cash In section of the app and select Pay with PayMaya. A minimal fee of P5.00 per transaction will apply.
- Choose the amount you want to cash in, then complete the payment process after receiving the payment details in your email.
- Once your account has been funded, choose the bond offering you want to invest in, review the transaction details, and click “Buy”
- The subscription will have an “Awaiting Subscription” status until the final allocation is completed. All orders are considered final upon placement and can no longer be canceled.
How to Check Status of Investment
- Go to Bonds.Ph app and click “My Orders.” An email will also be sent to you for the notice of the successful purchase of the Bond.
- Once the investment has matured, you may also choose to withdraw the proceeds from your Bonds.Ph account straight to your PayMaya account.
- Simply choose PayMaya as the account where you will cash out your earnings. There is a minimal fee of P5 for every cash out transaction made through your PayMaya account.