With the advent of the Internet, we are moving towards a paperless society. While this is a sustainable step, it demands us to be equipped with online formats related to paperwork like PDFs.
From an office presentation to a child’s group project, documents nowadays are enabled by PDF formats. It’s a portable document format that can be easily used to transfer or distribute documents across devices.
This format is particularly used more as it enables the receiver of the file to view it exactly as the sender intended it to be viewed. Hence, this format promotes clear-cut communication with no distortion of information. In this article, we will tell you how to edit a PDF document.
About Adobe Acrobat DC
Adobe Acrobat DC invented the PDF file in 1990 so it’s best to knock on their doors to edit your PDFs. The program enables the following features.
- Editing your images and text boxes are now just a click or tap away. Adobe enables you to correct typos in a click or crop your image in seconds.
- You can use Adobe Acrobat DC on any of your devices with the Mobile Reader which you can access when you’re on the go so that the hustle never stops.
- Access newer tools like automatic adjustment when you add a new bullet point and full-page editing, etc.
- Now, typing can be made easy with built-in spellcheck which corrects a typo right away and saves the time you spend on proofreading.
You can get a 7-day free trial of Adobe Acrobat DC to enjoy all its benefits. The Adobe Standard DC is $11.61/month and supplies you with standard features.
There’s also, Adobe Pro DC which offers premium features for $13.38/month.
With the increased usage of the PDF format in corporate setups, Adobe has launched an Adobe DC for teams. This version costs $15.18/month which can be used for businesses to need it for multiple employees as it can enable up to 10+ accounts.
How to Edit a PDF
There are many online platforms that enable us to edit a PDF file. One of the many trusted ones is the Adobe Acrobat DC with which we’ll learn how to edit a PDF.
- As you open Adobe Acrobat DC, you’ll stumble upon the edit PDF tool on the right pane which you have to click.
- Click on the ‘select file’ button which you can find in the middle of the page.
- Now, browse the file you want to edit from the Open Dialogue box and click on it.
- With the built-in PDF Editor, you can edit texts by clicking on the text boxes. The format section in the right pane enables you to decrease or increase the font size, the font style, etc. So, edit away!
- You can also edit images in Adobe Acrobat DC. All you’ve to do is click on the image and an ‘objects’ section will pop up. This section enables you to flip your image horizontally, crop it, and customize it the way you want it.
- When you are done tweaking out the errors and editing them, you can click on ‘save as’ to save your edited file to your desired location.
For further help, you can also watch the video tutorial on the Adobe support page.
This online PDF editing tool, PDF Pro is a cheaper alternative to Adobe Acrobat DC. It comes with a plethora of features.
Pdf pro allows adding or erasing text and infusing as well as editing images in the PDF file. There is also the option to review changes online. Moreover, PDF files can be merged or watermarked.
PDF Pro doesn’t require any software to be downloaded to access or edit PDF files and they can be edited by using any browser.
On PDF Pro, you can make PDFs from scratch and you can convert PDF to Word or to image formats easily on the go.
PDF Pro enables you to make your PDF files password protected. Moreover, this password can be easily modified or removed entirely.
PDF Pro can export up to three free PDF files each month without any mandatory sign up.
Alternatively, you can upgrade to the premium version in which you can edit and print an incessant number of pdf files. The yearly plan of pdf pro costs $39.61/year in which you save up to 50%.
The Bottom Line
Knowing how to edit and use a PDF file is a necessity in today’s world. With the programs mentioned in this article, you can easily edit any PDF you need to. Check out these programs today!