Group of private hospitals favor extending MECQ in ‘NCR Plus’ bubble

The group of private hospitals is in favor of further extending the modified enhanced community quarantine () in the National Capital Region plus (Metro Manila, Cavite, Laguna, Bulacan, Rizal) bubble, amid the reduction of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) patients in hospitals in the area.

On Teleradyo, Dr. Jose Rene De Grano, president of the Private Hospitals Association of the Philippines Incorporated, said this is to further reduce the number of COVID-19 cases.

“Kung tatanungin kami kung puwede kahit isang linggo pa nating i-extend. But then nasa kanilang desisyon yun, baka magagawa nila na mga flexible na gaya ng ginagawa nila ngayon,” said De Grano.

According to De Grano, the number of COVID-19 patients will be somewhat reduced except for a few in the intensive care unit.

“Medyo halos wala na pong pila sa emergency room at medyo decongested na yung mga COVID beds, medyo critical pa rin ang mga beds,” said De Grano.

As many as 4,734 additional cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) were recorded on Thursday. But according to the Department of Health, this can be attributed to 12 laboratories that did not provide their data.

Also read: LTO: Registration period for some vehicles in MECQ areas extended

Group of private hospitals favor extending MECQ in ‘ Plus’ bubble

MECQ is expected to be implemented by May 14 in the NCR Plus bubble.

Some experts have previously said that quarantine restrictions should be gradually eased in the face of emerging COVID-19 variants and so as not to surprise the country’s healthcare capacity.

Meanwhile, the Metro Manila Council or the association of mayors in Manila has already agreed on a quarantine classification, according to the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority, which is also a member of the group.

According to MMDA chairman Benhur Abalos, for now, the decision is confidential based on the agreement of the mayors.

He said the recommendation will be presented at the pandemic task force meeting this Thursday, and then submitted to President Rodrigo Duterte.

Abalos assured that residents in the area will benefit, as public are balanced.

Visit our Facebook page for more  updates.