Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) announced pensioners who were not able to their mandatory “proof-of-life” appearance may now do it online.
GSIS said Saturday the online service is available for beneficiaries who not comply with the Activation of the Pensioners Information Revalidation (APIR) program before March.
APIR program requires all GSIS old-age and survivorship pensioners to appear personally at any GSIS office or use the GSIS Wireless Automated Processing System (GWAPS) kiosk to activate their status and ensure the continuous receipt of their pension.
Pensioners abroad, meanwhile, can revalidate their active status via Skype. Failing to comply with the APIR will suspend the benefits of the pensioners.
The GSIS extended the deadline for the APIR process until May 15 for pensioners born in March and April.
GSIS president and general manager Rolando L. Macasaet, however, acknowledged that “some pensioners may have failed to undergo Apir even before the program was suspended last March 17.”
“We are accepting Apir requirements online because we want our pensioners to stay safe at home during the COVID-19 crisis,” Macasaet said.
How to submit ‘proof of life’ online for GSIS pensioners
- To comply with the online Apir, pensioners must send via e-mail a letter requesting the GSIS to activate their status and send it to an e-mail address designated by the GSIS for particular areas.
- The letter must indicate the date of request and contain their details, namely: complete name; complete address; contact number (mobile or landline); and signature,” the pension fund said.
- Pensioners must attach to the letter a photo of their Umid or eCard Plus card or their temporary card. In case these are not available, a picture of their two valid IDs may be submitted.
- Pensioners should attach a chest-level photo of them holding a current newspaper whose headline and date of publication are prominently displayed.
- If not, the photo background may be a news crawler or a ticker on the TV showing the current news headline and date. The date in the photo must coincide with the date of request indicated in the letter.
Where to submit ‘proof of life’ online
Pensioners must send the letter and other requirements to the designated e-mail address according to their place of residence:
- email@example.com (for residents of National Capital Region including Quezon City and the entire province of Rizal and Cavite)
- firstname.lastname@example.org (for residents of North Luzon)
- email@example.com (for residents of South Luzon)
- firstname.lastname@example.org (for residents of Visayas)
- email@example.com (for residents of Mindanao)
The GSIS will inform concerned pensioners once it has received their documents,” the pension fund said.