Six ground crew at Clark Airport are being investigated after items worth 84,000 pesos went missing from a passenger’s baggage.
Jovenil Dela Cruz of Bulacan had returned home from his job in Canada when he discovered his bags had been tampered with.
After filming a Facebook video to express his frustration, the post soon went viral attracting millions of views.
Speaking in Filipino, he said: “We discovered the zipper of our luggage already been ripped. Our box, it was opened when we arrived. To my sister, sorry your t-shirt was lost.
“We also lost a lot of things like the Victoria Secret, lotions, several soaps. I’m so sorry to those who will not be getting anything, we also lost a lot of things. We will not trust them again.
Now Clark International Airport chief Alexander Cauguiran has suspended the six ground crew of baggage handling company MIASCOR while the incident is investigated.
In a statement, he said: “Six suspects who are employees of MIASCOR were placed under preventive suspension for the pilferage of the luggage of one Jovenil Dela Cruz of Pandi, Bulacan whose experience was posted in Facebook and went viral.
“I will also recommend to MIASCOR the termination from employment of these suspects.” He added that measures were being undertaken with airlines and ground handlers to ensure similar incidents would not happen again.
Mr Dela Cruz landed in the Philippines on December 23, with his baggage due to arrive the following day. However, it was only yesterday (Wednesdy, January 10) that he was allowed to claim the baggage.
Mr Cauguiran confirmed that MIASCOR had taken responsibility for the theft and compensated Mr Dela Cruz for the lost items in his luggage, amounting to 84,000 pesos.
MIASCOR is yet to issue a statement regarding the incident.
Our luggage bags was robbed by airport personnel in clark international airport philippines. Sorry sa nagpadala na nawalan kagaya namin. Hindi na ulit kami magtitiwala.
Posted by Jov En Ros on Mittwoch, 10. Januar 2018
Latest posts by M G Martin (see all)
- Gina Lopez, political scourge of unscrupulous mining firms, dies aged 65 - August 19, 2019
- British and American sex offenders to face justice after being deported - August 19, 2019
- Korean-born US Army veteran arrested for shabu in Cagayan de Oro - August 18, 2019