You want to impress your friends and family on the next fun-time dinner time? How bout have a little party and make these impressive noodle wrapped prawns that will not only taste great, they will look great and give your little get-together the flare it deserves. These noodle wrapped prawns are simple to make and can be served as a small meal, appetizer or a unique side-dish.
20 medium prawns, shelled and deveined with tails left on
Juice of 4 pieces calamansi – or lime
1 teaspoon liquid seasoning
Salt and pepper, to season
50 grams dried Chinese egg noodles
Oil for deep-frying
Sweet chili sauce for dipping
* Mix prawns with calamansi (lime) juice, liquid seasoning, salt, and pepper – let marinate for 15 minutes or more
* Cook egg noodles according to package directions. Drain. Straighten out the noodles and lay flat on a tray – let cool
* Take two long strands of noodles and wrap them around a prawn, tucking the ends in. Lay the wrapped prawn flat on a plate, noodle-end side down. Repeat with remaining prawns. Refrigerate for 15 minutes to help the noodles stick together and to prevent them from unraveling when frying.
* Heat a deep pan with enough oil for deep-frying. Fry the prawns in batches just until noodles are lightly golden and crispy. Drain on paper towels.
* Arrange prawns on a platter and serve with sweet chili sauce – Enjoy!